Tuesday, February 16, 2010

~PAIN~

~Pain~
Well here it is the first part of 4 in the 'keys to reality' series. If I feel like doing them all. I decided to do pain first because it is one I actually know some what how to do. And because I'm saving love for the last one so I can go out with a *Bang*. Back on subject.
....
Pain. It is what holds this world together. With out it eveything would be for nothing. All goals seem childish and pointless. Pain, the best worst thing ever. Bad enough to block out anything. Body paralizing pain, enough to make you go insane. Enough to make you wish you were crazy. We all hate it but we have to love it. Pain give life meaning. With it we have sacrifice, betrayal, hate, and others that characterize what we are or can be as humans. Because of pain we are all placed in catagories. The strong, the couragous, the weak, the cowards, and the normals. We strive to be known as strong and wonder how we can become so.
JOB 6:10 "And be it still my consolation, Yea, let me exult in pain that spareth not, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One."
It says that even in pain we should not waver before God and praise him no matter what we are going through.

Psalm 38;5 "My wounds are loathsome and corrupt, Because of my foolishness. 6 I am pained and bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long." in context of this verse they say how their burdens are to heavy and that is why we(or the person speaking above) have 'wounds.' It's talking about how if we try to go on alone under our own power we will only end up with pain and sorrow. I'm not sure what they mean by saying "bowed down greatly," I would say bowing down to God but then why would he be mourning all day.
Wait! scratch that. I looked at several different versions of the verse and it seems like it means he is brought down because of the weight of his pain.

Psalm 116:1 "I love Jehovah, because he heareth My voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, Therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. 3 The cords of death compassed me, And the pains of Sheol gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. 4 Then called I upon the name of Jehovah: O Jehovah, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. 5 Gracious is Jehovah, and righteous; Yea, our God is merciful. 6 Jehovah preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he saved me.
it's seems that many times sorrow comes right along with pain. Though I don't think they are talking about "ow I just roadrashed my knee. I'm going to die" type of pain but more as a spiritual and mental pain. But a time when pain may not come with sorrow might be sacrifice. "no greater love than this, that one may lay down is life for another" (not exact wording) (John 15:16 I think. Around there) other than that I can't find any other verse sorry.

So there's the first part. It didn't flow as smoothly as I had hoped. I think I jumped around randomly but... so please tell me what you thought. EVERYONE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT. Say what was weird confusing good bad ugly. Expecially tell me what you didnt get or did get. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

beautifuldisastre said...

As far as jumpiness, I don't think it's horrible not to have perfect flow. Some of my favorite blog entries have been streams of consciousness. Sometimes when you get into God's word, it doesn't all make sense right away; you have to kind of type out your first thoughts and go from there. If you're lucky, God will tell you what He means...you just have to wait a bit. Interesting points... "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). I think that's the verse you meant. Sorry, I use a different translation (NIV).